Saturday, September 18, 2010

Know the Candidates

Your mail-in ballots are on the way or have already arrived. Make sure you mail it before October 15th to be counted.

This blog should give you a good idea of who I am and my political platform. I realize now that the theme of One Seguin is 'Community and Communication'. If I am elected, I will continue to use this website to inform you of Seguin council business and my activities as councillor.

The other Ward 1 candidates are Dale Graves and Alex Chidley. I don't believe these two gentlemen have campaign websites. The best source I have found for on-line information about Mr. Childey is available at http://www.cottagecountrynow.ca/ (search 'Alex Chidley'). I have found no on-line information about Mr. Graves. I understand Mr. Graves is a long time resident of Seguin, but that is all.

On September 25th, from 1-4 pm, the Otter Lake Ratepayers Association is hosting an all Seguin candidates meeting at the Foley Agricultural Hall. I'll be there to give a short speech and answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to say 'hi' and talk with me after the meeting - most things take longer than (the official) one minute to discuss.

There will be another all candidates meeting held on October 2nd in the Humphrey Community Centre. This meeting will also begin at 1 pm. [THIS MEETING WAS CANCELLED].

Hope to see you there!